Find house and apartment rentals in Moncton, New Brunswick. The “Hub City” is geographically located at the centre of Canada’s Maritime Provinces, and Canada’s first officially bilingual city.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Moncton
With a strong sense of community and an abundance of natural resources, there are many things to do in Moncton:
• Magnetic Hill Zoo – take in the sights of more than 570 animals, including indigenous and exotic species.
• Marché Moncton Market – this one-stop-shop has more than 130 vendors who sell locally produced goods. Choose from a variety of delicious baked goods, fresh meat, cheese and eggs, or find your next gift for a special anniversary.
• The Capitol Theatre – city owned and operated since 1991, the Capitol boasts a plush 782-seat auditorium that can be booked for conventions, reunions and a variety of special events. Over the last decade the theatre has played host to a number of Canadian celebrities, such as Mr. Dressup, Barenaked Ladies, and the Moffatts.
Education in Moncton
Students can find apartments and houses for rent in Moncton, near the city’s many post-secondary institutions:
• University of Moncton – the largest French language university in Canada outside the province of Quebec offers its 6,200+ students courses in law, medicine, engineering and the arts.
• University of New Brunswick (Moncton) – students of the university’s satellite campus take courses in health sciences out of the Moncton Hospital-based program.
• Crandall University – roughly 800 students attend this private undergraduate liberal arts university, which is affiliated with the Convention of Atlantic Baptist Churches. Students can earn degrees in arts, science, education, business and religious studies.
• Mount Allison University – this top-ranking liberal arts university offers students a diverse selection of courses. Primarily an undergraduate school, Mount Allison enrolees can take in-depth courses in arts, fine arts, commerce, science and aviation.
Transportation in Moncton, New Brunswick
Those renting in Moncton can use Condiac Transpo to travel throughout the city. The transit system was the first in North America to equip its entire fleet with Wi-Fi. All buses also come equipped with bike racks.
More Apartments for Rent